FUTARI PPC E-SHOP GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The present general terms and conditions (hereinafter terms) of OÜ Futari PPC (hereinafter seller) apply to all persons (hereinafter buyer) who are using the futari.ee-s e-shop futari.ee/pood (hereinafter e-shop), who are ordering goods and services from e-shop (hereinafter goods), including are entering into a contract of sale (hereinafter contract) for the purchase of goods from the e-shop. By accepting the terms, the buyer confirms that it has read, accepted and complies with the terms of the contract of sale.
1. It is possible to buy goods in the e-shop with the link "Add to cart". The price and availability of the goods are subject to change without notice. If the buyer has placed an order before the price of the goods changes, the price valid at the time of the order will apply. The seller has the right to withdraw from the contract of the e-shop and not to deliver the ordered goods if they are out of stock, this is an orderable item that is out of wholesale warehouse, the price or characteristics are incorrectly displayed by mistake or because of system error. If the buyer fails to pay the advance within 7 days, the seller has the right to cancel the order.
2. In the shopping cart you can change the quantity of goods and choose the appropriate delivery method. Payment and shipping costs can be estimated in advance. Delivery details and payment method will be specified in the order. Checking the general terms and conditions of the e-shop and agreeing to them is indicated by a checkmark. If desired, the buyer can register as a loyal customer. Care must be taken when placing an order, as the trouble-free delivery of the products ordered depends on it. A sales contract shall be deemed to be concluded when the amount due according to the order confirmation is credited to the seller's bank account. An outstanding order is not fulfilled by the seller. After making the payment, the e-shop will send an invoice and deliver the goods.
3. The goods will be delivered to the delivery address entered by the buyer when ordering. The buyer will be notified of the delivery via the contact details indicated in the order. The transport of the ordered goods shall be carried out in accordance with the transport conditions in force at the time of placing the order. The seller and the carrier shall not be liable for delays in delivery or misunderstandings arising from inaccuracies in the information provided by the buyer when ordering. The goods are delivered by the courier to the buyer (representative of the buyer) on the basis of the delivery note. Before signing, carefully inspect the packaging of the goods and, if the packaging is damaged, make a note on the delivery note. In case of defective packaging, you can refuse to accept the shipment by immediately informing the customer service.
4. The goods are handed over to a third party subject to authorization (including when the buyer has designated a third party as the consignee of the goods in the order). The seller may authorize third parties (eg, courier service) to deliver the goods. If the buyer fails to collect the goods within 14 days of the agreed date of receipt of the agreed goods, the buyer shall be deemed to have violated the contract of sale, and that buyer shall not request the goods. The seller shall have the right to unilaterally withdraw from the contract of sale and claim compensation for damages (eg, storage costs of the goods) by offsetting the loss incurred by the seller with the amounts prepaid by the buyer.
5. A private purchaser (hereinafter consumer) has the right to withdraw from a contract entered into in the e-shop without giving any reason within 14 days. The withdrawal period shall expire 14 days from the date of the conclusion of the contract of sale or from the date on which the consumer takes physical possession of the thing. The right of withdrawal does not apply if the buyer is a legal person.
5.a. In order to exercise the right of withdrawal, the seller must be informed of his decision to withdraw from the contract by sending a written application to be returned from the e-shop page or by e-mail to email@example.com or at the seller's representative office. Seller`s contacts: OÜ Futari PPC, Vabaduse pst 2 - 18, 51004 Tartu, Estonia, phone 7441213. No right of withdrawal applies to goods delivered to the consumer in sealed packaging which are not fit for return for health or hygiene reasons or which, after delivery, have been opened by the consumer and used in a manner which precludes subsequent sale and consumption (eg open consumables cannot be returned because value decreases significantly).
5.b. In the event of withdrawal from the contract of sale, the seller shall reimburse to the consumer without delay any payments received under the contract of sale, including the usual delivery charges, but no later than 14 days from the day the seller withdraws or becomes aware of the consumer's decision to withdraw. The seller shall make this refund using, where possible, the same payment method as the consumer used to make the payment. The consumer shall not incur any fees or other costs in returning such payment.
5.c. The consumer must return the goods to the seller without delay, but no later than 14 days after the day on which he notifies the withdrawal of the contract of sale. The goods can be returned to seller's store. The deadline is met if the consumer returns the goods to the seller before the 14-day deadline. The seller shall have the right to refuse refunds until he has received the goods back.
5.e. The goods must be returned in the original, undamaged packaging and the returned goods must be in their full original condition (ie, include all items in the product packaging and gifts related to the contract of sale). The cost of the return must be borne by the consumer.
5.g. In the event of deterioration of the goods to be returned, the consumer shall be liable for impairment of goods resulting from the use of the goods where he has used the goods otherwise than to ascertain the nature and characteristics of the goods. To ensure that the goods are compliant, the goods may only be handled and used as permitted in a retail store (eg, consumables may not be opened in the shop, printers may not be printed in the shop, etc.). The seller has the right to submit claims due to the decrease in the value of the goods to the consumer within one month after the return of the goods.
6. Cancellation of the contract of sale is possible after payment for the goods, if the goods have not yet been delivered by the seller. After the shipment, the contract of sale can be canceled only by agreement and reimbursement by the buyer. In order to cancel the order, the buyer must send a corresponding notice together with the contract number to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirmation of cancellation of the contract of sale will be sent.
7. Environmentally hazardous consumables such as batteries and accumulators required for use in equipment sold by the seller are accepted free of charge at the seller's store. Large-scale electronic waste should be taken to a suitable waste facility. Other waste is handed over by each waste holder to its contracted waste handler.
9. The consumer shall have the right, within 2 (two) years from the date of delivery of the goods, the legal person within 6 (six) months from the date of delivery of the goods, to submit a complaint to the seller. After 6 (six) months of the purchase is passed, the consumer must prove his claim. The claim must be submitted immediately, but not later than within 2 (two) months from the discovery of the defect. Upon discovery of the defect, the buyer shall take reasonable measures to preserve and protect the goods, including not using defective goods, if the use of the goods further deteriorates the condition of the goods. In the event of non-conformity of the goods with the contract, the buyer shall be able to rely on the legal remedies provided by law, including first the repair, then the replacement or withdrawal from the contract of sale and the return of the non-conforming goods. The seller shall not be liable for any damage or defect caused by improper use of the goods, as well as normal physical wear and tear of the goods during normal use.
10. Where the product is warranted by the seller or the manufacturer, the terms of the warranty shall be given to the buyer in writing together with the product and / or made available electronically in the online shop. To resolve later issues, the buyer must keep proof of purchase (invoice, contract) certifying that the item was purchased from the seller's online store. Without proof of sale, the seller may not resolve the issue. Claims related to goods purchased from the e-shop can be sent to the buyer by e-mail to email@example.com. It is possible to make a written application in the seller's shop (OÜ Futari PPC, Vabaduse pst 2 - 18, 51004 Tartu, Estonia, phone 7441213).
11. If the buyer has a claim, he must present the defective goods to the seller. The seller and the buyer shall enter into an agreement on the maintenance and repair of the equipment if it is necessary to send the goods for diagnostic or expert examination to determine the nature and cause of the defect. Claims shall be settled in accordance with the claim terms if they are an integral part of the sales contract and these terms and are approved by the purchaser prior to the conclusion of the sales contract. The seller ensures that the goods sold in the e-shop comply with the standards in force in the European Union. The circumstances set out in these standards are not considered as defective of goods.
Product images are for illustrative purposes only, and packaging may vary. Prices, availability and other information are subject to change without notice. The seller may cancel the sale and return the money to the customer's bank account within 14 business days in the event of a human error in entering the price, features or availability, as well as any technical failure in the system. Product information is regularly reviewed and updated. Details may have been updated since the buyer's last visit. Due to the lack of manufacturer's data cards, the seller's e-store product information may also contain inaccuracies. In these cases, the e-shop accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the product information. Before making your purchase, we recommend that you check the accuracy of the product information by calling our customer service at 7441213 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Information about the order can be requested from Mon - Fri 9 am - 5 pm on +372 744 1213 or by email to email@example.com. If necessary, the consumer has the right to apply to the Estonian Consumer Protection Board.
These terms and conditions are valid as of 01.01.2020.